[Yurt] Show Ads/Hampfest Help

radiocontact at hampshire.edu radiocontact at hampshire.edu
Mon Sep 12 19:16:39 EDT 2011

Hey gang,
Your friendly Yurt signers are going to be running the PA system and MC-ing
Hampfest tomorrow evening. Just this afternoon, Bruner had the idea to record
minute-long ads for shows and play 'em to a gymfull of impressionable potential
listeners. If you want to make one, swing by the Media Basement tomorrow or
Wednesday before five and talk to him. Alternately, you can stop by the Yurt
and make it. Just let one of us know so we can make sure everything's set up
for you and so we know to pull your ad off the computer. We'll hold onto them
and play them periodically over the Yurt, too.

That being said, your friendly Yurt signers are also going to be moving the PA
system for Hampfest Wednesday evening. We anticipate having a couple people
around, but if any of you want to help out, we'll love you forever or
something. Just swing by the Media Basement at around six or find the people
moving PA equipment from there to the RCC and ask where you can go to help.

And just a reminder, the deadline for show renewal is tomorrow, and if you've
submitted something within the past few days the calendar will be updated with
your show then. If you haven't renewed yet, you can still do it after tomorrow,
but space may be considerably more limited.

Shows will begin immediately following the mandatory All-DJ Meeting at 8PM the
Wednesday after next (the 21st). There've been some rather large changes
between last term and now, and we're also looking for your feedback on a couple
things, so stop by even if you've been around since the dawn of time. If you
can't make it, let us know and we'll figure something out.

Cheers,
Greg Larsen