[YellowBike] uber foam

Adam Shapiro ad at mshapiro.com
Fri Dec 10 16:28:17 EST 2004

thats a pretty good idea.

sort of a foam filled sew-up tire.  you gotta think of a pretty creative
way to anchor it to the rim, though.   i think that'll be the weak point

as long as you are still using a conventional bead/hook tire you will need
to be able to mount it:  usually to be mountd, it will need to be flexible
(and not already full of a filling material.  thats why spray foam is
ideal for this...

once you move away from the beaded tire though...and on to a big rubber
hose, filled with foam and glued on to the rim surface.... you can
basically fill it first, and then mount it second.

lemme know how it goes.
adam