[YellowBike] help me brainstorm tire solutions for Ybs

Aaron Wieler afw01 at hampshire.edu
Wed Dec 8 23:06:26 EST 2004

hi everyone!

help me brainstorm some puncture-proof tire solutions.

here's a couple of thoughts:

solid rubber tires (expensive)
slime tubes (doesn't prevent slow deflation over time
filling in the tubes with something expandable, like spray-in insulation or
something.

any other thoughts?
any leads on solid tires for cheap (green tyres are $30 each...yikes!)
any suggestions for something to fill wheels in with, like insulation?
(adam, what did you use when you did that experiment a few years back?)

this list could be announcements, or it could be a dialog. so if you want to
respond to me directly, ok. if you want to post here, ok too. again, sorry
about all the spam. about 3/4 gets filtered, but the rest goes through.

-aaron