Fwd: [ClimateJustice] Northampton SURJ sign making - SUNDAY

Dylan Welch dew13 at hampshire.edu
Tue Nov 17 08:44:10 EST 2015

>From Gabe, there is a FB event. I'll be taking the bus.

---

Dylan Welch (they/them)

-------------------------

PERMACULTURE DESIGN
Hampshire College F13
Ordained Dudeist Priest

-------- Original Message --------

		SUBJECT:
 		[ClimateJustice] Northampton SURJ sign making - SUNDAY

		DATE:
 		2015-11-16 23:35

		FROM:
 		Gabriel Shapiro <gns14 at hampshire.edu>

		TO:
 		climatejustice at lists.hampshire.edu

Dear Western Mass SURJ,

You all are such inspiring individuals. The Art Making and Action
working group invites you to collaborate with us. Together we can make
more signs and spread the message that Black Lives Matter in
Northampton. WE'RE HOSTING A COMMUNITY SIGN MAKING EVENT THIS SUNDAY,
NOVEMBER 22.

We would love to bring people together to make their own Black Lives
Matter signs from found materials. The signs can vary in any size and we
can make them for windows on the inside. We will also experiment with
durability and weatherproofing, since not everyone has a printed lawn
sign.

Kids and families are encouraged to come. We are meeting right next to a
bus stop in downtown Northampton. We're hoping to provide seating for
all who might need it. Please let us know if you have other
accessibility needs!

Because this is also the one year anniversary of Tamir Rice, we will
also be making signs in support of justice for Tamir. You'll be getting
an email soon about what else you can do to support #Year Without Tamir.

We need help from any of you who are able: outreach, donations of
materials, and volunteering on the day of. Please respond to this email
if you are interested. Please also RSVP to the facebook event listed
below and share and invite others! All are welcome to join.

DATE/ TIME: Sunday, November 22 at 2 pm
LOCATION: Public benches in front of First Churches of Northampton
(alternate location just in case: bus shelters next to the Academy of
Music).
FACEBOOK EVENT: HTTPS://WWW.FACEBOOK.COM/EVENTS/1519170748400920/ [2]

WISH LIST
Any paper, cardboard, or wood
Paint
Glue
Tape
Markers
Scissors
Brushes
Tables
Folding chairs
Use of a laminating machine
Hot beverages to share
Gloves, blankets, hats, and/or scarves -- let's make this warm and cozy!

In love and solidarity,
Cory and Misha

Links:
------