[Climate Justice] Fwd: Statewide Campaigns Summit November 2nd

ks12 at hampshire.edu ks12 at hampshire.edu
Thu Oct 24 02:11:31 EDT 2013

Dive into our two statewide campaigns!
http://us4.campaign-archive2.com/?u=bdf4df04ee1ca59ba335a7699&id=bd10edf8c1&e=f41bb3661a

Friends,

As you all know, 350MA is one of the largest and most quickly growing
grassroots networks of climate leaders in the world. In just a little
over a year, 350 Massachusetts has grown to over 3,000 members, and we
are focusing statewide resources on two high-impact campaigns:
Divestment and Climate Legacy. The Divestment campaign
(http://350ma.org/campaigns/divestment/) is focused on divesting the
Massachusetts pension fund from fossil fuels, which requires support
from across the state. The Climate Legacy Campaign
(http://350ma.org/campaigns/climatelegacy/) plans to work with
Governor Deval Patrick (in his last year in office) so he can achieve
key climate goals, including banning the burning of coal, banning new
fossil fuel infrastructure projects, setting our state up for a carbon
tax, and investing in renewable energy.

On Saturday, November 2nd, we will have a 350MA Campaigns Summit, for
activists who want to work on the two statewide campaigns. We will
meet from 9:30am-4pm, with a bonus facilitation training session from
4-5:45pm, at the Unitarian Universalist Church on 90 Main Street in
Worcester. To register, please visit our registration page through the
350ma.org (http://350ma.org/) website. You can also get more details
about the campaigns on our website. There is a ride share board for
the event here
(https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AuZ-UefTslkbdEZvUzk5X21mY1RPbnptcTdQWjlvM1E#gid=0)
.
If you have been wondering how to get involved and jump in to the
climate movement in Massachusetts, this is your chance. Newcomers who
are ready to work on an ongoing basis are welcome. Come to the 350MA
Campaigns Summit, and leave with a critical role on one of the
statewide campaign teams!

Best,

Sophie for 350MA, a Better Future Project

Copyright © 2013 Better Future Project, All rights reserved.
  You are subscribed to this list because you have donated to Better
Future Project, signed up at one of our events, or expressed interest
through our website.
Our mailing address is:
Better Future Project
30 Bow Street