[Climate Justice] cant find where i wrote down specific emails, so here is the letter to the editor for those who want to help edit it

ks12 at hampshire.edu ks12 at hampshire.edu
Mon Oct 28 23:31:48 EDT 2013

To whom it many concern,
         We are a group of students who attend Hampshire College in
Massachusetts. We are writing in concern of the proposed reversal of
the flow of the Trailbreaker/ Enbridge 9 pipeline that stretches from
Montreal, Canada to Portland, Maine, in order to bring tar sands oil
from Alberta, Canada for export.
         We are a group of students concerned about the entire life
cycle of tar sands extraction. We extend our support for a YES vote on
the Waterfront Protection Ordinance, which effectively ban the
construction of needed infrastructure to refine the bitumen
transported from Canada.  We do not want our friends and relatives of
South Portland to be at risk of suffering the aftermath of a tar sands
spill from a pipeline into the Casco Bay.
We are also concerned about the Sabago Lake, which provides 20-30% of
Maine?s drinking water, and which the pipeline crosses over. We are
also concerned about the Connecticut River which our college is
adjacent to and which the pipeline also crosses over. Diluted bitumen
is more corrosive and abrasive than regular petroleum, and thus the
pipelines that carry it are at greater risk of leakage. If tar sands
were to leak into waterways the oil would sink to the bottom making
clean up nearly impossible and thus placing at risks the humans,
animals, and plants who reside near or in these waterways. We do not
want to take this risk over any of our northeastern waterways.
We support a vote saying YES to the waterfront protection ordinance of
November 5th. Please help keep the northeast Tar Sand Free.
Thank you.