[Newleaf] Rally against Mt. Tom coal plant. 10/27 -3pm First Church of Northampton

ks12 at hampshire.edu ks12 at hampshire.edu
Wed Oct 24 21:12:34 EDT 2012

Think coal is SCARY? Join us for a fun and freaky rally in Northampton
where our Clean Energy Knights will do battle with the Evil Coal
Dragon! We will be raising awareness of the Mt Tom coal plant in
Holyoke. Mt Tom gets its coal from Columbia and West Virginia, where
human rights violations and the blowing up of the Appalachian
mountains respectively allows us to burn coal that is leading to a
high rate of asthma in Holyoke. We will be marching down downtown
Northampton and gathering signatures to ask Governor Patrick to move
us beyond coal. Meet at 3 PM on SATURDAY, OCTOBER 27 in front of the
FIRST CHURCH OF NORTHAMPTON. Dress as a knight if you can!