[Newleaf] WORKDAY Sunday the 21st, 3pm!

Schuyler Loth sal10 at hampshire.edu
Sat Oct 20 13:50:08 EDT 2012

Hello all!

We've been getting a ton of work done on the greenhouse to get it ready to
move and start out winter plantings! This work will continue throughout the
semester with work days in the coming weeks.

*Our next work day is Sunday the 21st at 3pm.* We will be clearing the
rails on which the greenhouse will move down and making beds in our freshly
tilled fall planting space. We will also review the seed order that we've
come up with and maybe start dreaming about where to plant things, keeping
in mind our crop rotations.

Come play in the dirt with us!
<3 GFC

*P.S. *See below for a request from Pam Tinto over in Campus Leadership and
Activities. Her email is ptinto at hampshire.edu if you're interested!

Dear Friends of the Earth, (sorry if you are not here this semester i am
combining old lists so let me know if you want off these particular emails)

It's that time of year again for Campus Visit Days, and help is needed to
staff the compost stations in the RCC this coming Monday, October 22nd from
12-1pm.  PLEASE forward this onto to everyone who might possibly be able to
help on Monday, we need 4 or 5 students, one for each station. Ya just pull
up a chair, grab lunch and then sit next to the bins and help prospective
students and their families dispose of stuff properly.

As you know when Bio-ware is used we need students at each disposal area to
keep the bins from being contaminated. Some of you  know only too well how
difficult a job that is because not everyone reads the signs, as lovely as
they are. And ya never can tell what perspective student might choose to
come here if you talk with them. :) It's also so nice for families to
interact with students so I see this role as not just pointing to the
correct bin and explaining why a cup that looks plastic will honestly
decompose.

Please email me directly if you can work.  Please encourage first years you
know
to use this for CEL-1, they can talk with me about that if they are
interested.

The next one is  on Monday,. November 12th from- 12pm- 1pm- RCC

In composting solidarity!
Pam