[Newleaf] Compost Help for Monday's Admissions Campus Visit Day!

Pam Tinto ptinto at hampshire.edu
Fri Oct 19 20:13:26 EDT 2012

Dear Friends of the Earth, (sorry if you are not here this semester i am
combining old lists so let me know if you want off these particular emails)

It's that time of year again for Campus Visit Days, and help is needed
to staff the compost stations in the RCC this coming Monday, October
22nd from 12-1pm.  PLEASE forward this onto to everyone who might
possibly be able to help on Monday, we need 4 or 5 students, one for
each station. Ya just pull up a chair, grab lunch and then sit next to
the bins and help prospective students and their families dispose of
stuff properly.

As you know when Bio-ware is used we need students at each disposal area
to keep the bins from being contaminated. Some of you  know only too
well how difficult a job that is because not everyone reads the signs,
as lovely as they are. And ya never can tell what perspective student
might choose to come here if you talk with them. :) It's also so nice
for families to interact with students so I see this role as not just
pointing to the correct bin and explaining why a cup that looks plastic
will honestly decompose.

Please email me directly if you can work.  Please encourage first years
you know
to use this for CEL-1, they can talk with me about that if they are
interested.

The next one is  on Monday,. November 12th from- 12pm- 1pm- RCC

In composting solidarity!

Pam