[Jewish] Important! Shabbat info

Alyssa Coffey alc17 at hampshire.edu
Thu Oct 24 06:52:00 EDT 2019

Good Morning JSU,

This week, due to the Halloween Festivities on Friday night, we will not
be having Shabbat on campus. Those who wish may attend services at the
JCA. (I will be there). If you’d like to go and need to arrange
transportation please contact me, Ellen, or another signer.

Moving forward, we will be changing the structure of our weekly
shabbatot to better accomodate the changing nature of the JSU. We will
be having shabbat as usual on campus, probably once or twice a month.
The remaining weeks we will either go to an off-campus service (at CBI
or JCA, for example) or host a communal meal event with the Muslim
Student Association and/or other student groups from the cultural center
or the multifaith council. These changes will allow us to focus our
efforts and energy on more impactful campus shabbatot, to create a
broader community feel on campus, and to better cater to those students
who would benefit from attending or exploring different synagogue
options.

Please contact myself, Ellen, or any signer (Tess, Liam, Salem) with any
questions about shabbat transportation or these new arrangements going
forward.

Also: friendly reminder that the first Multifaith Feast of the semester
is next Monday, October 28. Come for the multifaith learning and
friends, stay for the free dinner!

Much love,
Al Coffey