[Jewish] Count the Omer with JSU!

Abigail Carpenter-Winch acw09 at hampshire.edu
Mon Apr 11 13:39:16 EDT 2011

Thursday April 14, 4-5:30pm in the Merrill Living Room

We will be making Omer Counters! We’ll have a variety of art supplies and
candy so we can design and make our own. Want to make a counter where you
get to eat a piece of chocolate each day to mark the Omer? Or where you
color in a design, or anything else you can image? We’ll have supplies for
all of that!

The Omer is the forty-nine day period between Passover and Shavuot, and this
year it starts on April 19! The idea of counting each day represents
spiritual preparation and anticipation for the giving of the Torah on Mount
Sinai on the holiday of Shavuot.

Sponsored by the Jewish Student Union