[Jewish] What would you like to learn about? And when?

Steven Nathan snathan at hampshire.edu
Tue Feb 12 21:47:07 EST 2008

At tonight's Jewish community meeting (thanks to those who came and
participated) I forgot to ask one question.

I would like to have a series of late afternoon text study sessions on
different topics.  However, I would like to have some kind of
over-arching theme.  So I'm wondering if there are specific
topics/subjects that people would be interested in studying.  No matter
what it is, please suggest it and I'll see if it's something I can do.

Also, I am planning on doing these on either Tuesday or Thursday at
around 5:00 for 45 minutes-1 hour.  Does anyone have a preference for a
day of the week?  Please let me know as soon as you can.
--

Steve

Steven P. Nathan

Campus Rabbi and

Interim LGBTQ Advisor

Hampshire College

Office of Spiritual Life -- Box SA

Amherst, MA 01002

Phone: (413) 559-6234

Fax: (413) 559-5663

snathan at hampshire.edu <mailto:snathan at hampshire.edu>

"The more deeply immersed I became in the thinking of the prophets, the
more powerfully it became clear to me what the lives of the prophets
sought to convey: that morally speaking there is no limit to the concern
one must feel for the suffering of human beings. It also became clear to
me that in regard to cruelties committed in the name of a free society,
some are guilty, all are responsible."

-Rabbi Abraham Joshua Heschel