[Jewish] Response to Israel as an Apartheid State, along with an idea for an event!! :)

snc06 at hampshire.edu snc06 at hampshire.edu
Wed Jun 13 22:52:59 EDT 2007

Dear  Hampshire College Jewsih Student Union,
   As a Jew myself, I am very connected to Israel.
     However, I don't agree with everything that Israeli military does.
         Yet after reading this e-mail, it really upset me to know that the
Muslim student union at the University of California, Irvine, had blood smeared
the Israeli flag.  I understand where they are comming from being annoyed with
the occupation, but at the same time it gives me the sense that I am a bad
person for being Jewish.

   On that note, I really think that the Jewish student Union should take part
in  more interfaith dialogues.  It really dissapointed me that we did not have
many this year. I suggested a cultural exchange night to the "Students For
Justice in Palestine" (SJP) here at Hampshire, in which the party would be a
cultural exchange of both Jews and Muslims, and work towards peace talking
about the situation in Israel and the Palestinian territories. But the SJP told
me that they did not like this idea, claiming that this would  only cause
tension, fights, arguements. etc. But I feel that by having these interfaith
and intercultural events, they contribute greatly towards achieving peace, even
if it is at a small scale level!!!
   I am really interested in  starting an interfaith event with the Jewish
student Union--maybe we could make it a 5 college event, bring all of the
Jewish and Muslim groups together!!! Would anyone be interested in working on
me with this ?!

 Please let me know what you think.
       Sincerely,
          Stephanie Chase