[Jewish] Jewish stuff happening this week

zhc00 at hampshire.edu zhc00 at hampshire.edu
Sun Feb 6 21:12:26 EST 2005

Dear Everyone,
Here are the announcements I made on Friday evening adapted for your email
viewing pleasure.

Rosh Chodesh - Rosh Chodesh (The first day of the new month) Adar I will be on
Wednesday and Thursday this week.  The Talmud speaks of Adar as the month when
happiness increases so it should be a blast, and as most of you know probably
know there's no better way to start off your month than prayer, scotch and
doughnuts.  To that end there will be prayer services, scotch, and doughnuts at
the UMass Hillel house.  The services are run by KHH the modern orthodox group,
and will begin at 7:45 in the morning.  I will be going and probably driving so
if anyone wants a ride or more information feel free to contact me.  If anyone
wants to find out more about the services or Rosh Chodesh itself, please
contact me for that as well.
Rosh Chodesh 2 - Rosh Chodesh has particular significance for women.  It is
used as an occasion to celebrate all around coolness, and particularly the
resistance to the sin of the golden calf of women.  So it would be a really
great to organize something for that.  As you might imagine I won't have an
active role in it, but contact Daniela at extension 6816 or dbu03 at hampshire.edu

Beit Midrash Program - Beit Midrash means house of study, and there now exists
a dedicated time and space for five college students to enjoy Jewish study.
Every Wednesday evening at the UMass Hillel house there is an opportunity for
you to study just about anything we can find a copy of.  Please contact me if
you're interested (even if the time and place aren't good for you we can
probably find something else).

You can email me back or call at me extension 6809.
Be well,
Zvi