[Jewish] Jewish Community Updates

Lisa Freitag-Keshet lfkeshet at MtHolyoke.edu
Thu Oct 9 15:07:09 EDT 2003

Dear Friends,

Mazal tov to Raquelli and Adrian! I wish you many years of love and support. I also want to wish each of you a Hag Sukkot Sameach. The holiday of Sukkot is one of my favorites with all the harvest festivities. I purchased a lulav and etrog for the Hampshire Jewish community, which is floating around under the care of Aliza David. JSU will be sponsoring a dinner in the Sukkah on Thursday, October 16. I hope to see you there. Three more short announcements! Please contact me right away if you are interested in participating in Birthright or Tzedek.

*Please join us at UMass for a Five College Simchat Torah celebration on Saturday, April 18 at 7:30. Each of our communities will be participating in this celebration with dancing, singing and shmoozing. All are welcome!

**I am working to help Five-College students take part in a free Birthright trip to Israel during the winter break. If you have never been on a group trip to Israel, your are eligible!

***I am coordinating a Five College Tzedek/Community Service opportunity in Western Mass. from Jan.24 (evening) to Jan. 27 (morning). During this trip, we will be exploring the teachings of Judaism with regard to hunger and working on-site with those in need. I am looking for participants and student leaders! There is only a nomimal fee for students!

Rabbi Lisa-Freitag-Keshet
Jewish Chaplain
Mt.Holyoke College
Eliot House