[Jewish] We need you!

RL Sarafconn rsarafconn at hampshire.edu
Thu Oct 9 09:26:56 EDT 2003

Hello all.

We have the opportunity tonight to perform several mitzvot but we need your
help.

Raquelli and Adrian were married last night. (Mazel tov to you both!) In
accordance with tradition the bride and groom will be having celebrations
for the next six nights.  At each of these occasions (and at the wedding)
seven blessings will be said. JSU is hosting the first of these celebrations
TONIGHT (thursday) at 7:30 in the top of donut 5. We need a minyan to say
these blessings.  The bride and groom request that there be 10 men and 10
women so that everyone is comfortable.  That means that we need everyone,
all of you, to come and help us celebrate.  Please come for friends, food,
community, celebration, and to learn more about these seven blessings (sheva
brachot).  The lamps in the center room are very hot, you may want to wear
layers.

Also, Sukkot is fast approaching. Tomorrow (Friday) night marks the
beginning of Sukkot. Phys plant set up the sukkah for us already (it's the
big white box in between Greenwich and the library. it's too big for us to
build ourselves) but we need to put a roof on it, decorate it, and make it a
home. We will be decorating the sukkah tonight before the Sheva Brachot.
Please come and help us. Bring anything colorful you wish to donate to the
sukkah decoration fund.

With questions or comments please contact me.

RL
x5902
rls01 at hampshire.edu