[Jewish] Join me in signing the Call to Bring the Settlers Home to Israel

jjg99 at hampshire.edu jjg99 at hampshire.edu
Thu May 29 11:16:28 EDT 2003

THE PEACE PROCESS COULD BE CONTINGENT ON AN INITIATIVE SUCH AS THIS!
PLEASE SEND THIS TO EVERYONE WHO YOU KNOW WOULD SUPPORT THIS!

Dear friend,

I hope you’ll join me in signing the Call to Bring the Settlers Home to
Israel found at http://bringthemhome.btvshalom.org/. The Call is the
creation of Brit Tzedek v’Shalom, the Jewish Alliance for Justice and
Peace, a national group of Jewish Americans committed to ending the
violence between Israelis and Palestinians. It is the centerpiece of a
campaign to tackle one of the toughest obstacles to Middle East peace: the
presence of over 200,000 Israeli settlers living throughout the West Bank
and the Gaza Strip.

In its Call to Bring the Settlers Home to Israel, Brit Tzedek is
introducing a nationwide campaign in Jewish communities to:

* Urge the United States government to provide generous foreign assistance
and solicit contributions from the European Union, other major industrial
democracies and the United Nations for this massive relocation effort;

* Call on the United States to pressure Israel to reverse its longstanding
financial inducements to Israeli settlers and to redirect those funds to
assist settlers who are willing to return to Israel proper.

The year-long signature campaign, which Brit Tzedek is launching to
coincide with Israel’s Independence Day, is just getting underway, but
prominent signers already include: Ed Asner, Theodore Bikel, Gloria
Steinem, Rabbi David A. Teutsch, Tony Kushner, Judith Plaskow, Rabbi Arthur
Hertzberg, Grace Paley, Susannah Heschel, Adam Hochschild, Letty Cottin
Pogrebin, Rabbi Arthur Waskow, Jessica Benjamin, Rabbi Sue Levi Elwell,
Ariel Dorfman, Marge Piercy, Katha Pollitt, Michael Walzer, Rabbi Ellen
Lippman and Art Spiegelman.

Signing the Call will only take a minute of your time, and will add your
voice to thousands of other American Jews who want the U.S. Government to
embrace this important initiative for peace. You can sign the Call and read
its full text at http://bringthemhome.btvshalom.org/

Thank you.