[HSU-CoordBoardInternal] Pluses & Deltas

Jesse Ide jci12 at hampshire.edu
Fri Oct 4 00:44:34 EDT 2013

Hey everyone,

So in the EPEC facilitation training we talked about KLMKQPDs which is Key Learning Moments, Key Questions, Pluses, and Deltas. It's a way to talk about how a meeting went for you and how we can improve our meetings.

So I figured if anyone wants we could do that.

So basically there's four things:
Key learning moments are just highlights from the meeting that you think have a key thing to learn from
Key questions are things you don't quite understand, or think need to be talked about more
Pluses are things that were good about the meeting or worked well
Deltas are things that could be improved.

So you can just reply to the listserv maybe with any KLMKQPDs you have? Just if you want. I totally understand if y'all think you don't have time but I figured its worth a shot.

I'll start:

Pluses: Reminding ourselves of our purview and what we're trying to do in our meetings I feel really helped us move along. Also we did a pretty good job of returning to order after food. Overall I feel now like our meetings are being more self-policing about if we're on topic and we're getting better at holding each other accountable.

Key questions: Does everyone have meeting times yet? Can we just all pick some times now? It's almost mid-terms…

Key learning moments: When our meeting got so loud and hectic and our potential fifth CoordBoard at-large member just walked out of the room. I think it speaks a lot to maybe why it's hard for us to get people involved.

Deltas: I think we still just need to really focus on not having side-bars and only speaking one at a time. It feels sometimes like some people feel like they have a right to side-bars or a right to speak even if someone else is speaking, and I think maybe certain systems of privilege might play into that somehow. So maybe if we all just reminded ourselves to be self-aware of how we're valuing each other's voices in the meeting and if our behavior is going to make each other feel heard. I know from experience that each and all of us are capable of being very respectful and sensitive outside of meetings and I want to believe that we can carry that into meetings too.

So yeah, anyone else want to try this experiment in meeting improvement? It sounded good after the EPEC workshop with the people from UMass.

-Jesse