[Haiti_action] [J4J] NO on Feb. 9; YES on Feb. 3!

Ari Cowan re_cowan at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 2 13:03:20 EST 2010

Dear Supporters,
 We write to you with our sincerest apologies. This afternoon we were informed that the status hearing on February 9th, 2010 has been cancelled and will be rescheduled to a date in early March. This marks another hearing cancelled, and another delay in a case that has already been TWO YEARS TOO LONG.  Despite this cancellation, Wednesday February 3rd, 2010 still marks the two-year anniversary of a case that has been a nightmare for Jason and his family. We cannot be silent at the passing of the two-year anniversary.   We ask, humbly, that you join us on February 3rd, 2010 at 7PM to commemorate, reflect, and raise our voices against this ongoing miscarriage of justice. We will be holding a candlelight vigil in Northampton VIGIL FOR JUSTICE FOR JASON VASSELLFEBRUARY 3RD, 2010 at 7 pmFirst Churches, Northampton (129 Main Street) We also ask that you take the time to write and send a letter to the editor of your local newspapers over the
 next week. Each of your letters will remind the public, the media, Massachusetts AG Martha Coakley, and most importantly Northwestern DA Elizabeth Scheibel, that the ongoing racist prosecution of Jason is not in line with the values of our communities. No matter where we are in the world, we must make our voices loud and clear that we will continue to fight for justice.  Respect and Hope The Committee for Justice for Jason Vassell