[Cs254f11] Don't use clooj 0.2.0, stick with 0.1.37; also stick with Clojure 1.2

Lee Spector lspector at hampshire.edu
Sat Sep 24 13:12:01 EDT 2011

A new version of Clojure was released yesterday, 1.3, and it makes some pretty big changes. If you don't know what version of Clojure you're using because you're just using it from within clooj then THAT'S FINE. You've been using 1.2 and you should continue to do so.

FYI Clojure 1.3 a highly anticipated release and it's a good thing that it came sooner than I had expected -- things are moving quickly and productively in the Clojure world -- but I haven't yet transitioned to 1.3 and I don't plan to do so for class any time soon… Or maybe I will, once I experiment, but for now everyone should stick with 1.2 unless you know what you're doing and have a good reason not to.

HOWEVER: Hot on the heels of the Clojure 1.3 release Arthur released a related update to clooj, called 0.2.0. DO NOT USE THIS. Aside from possible issues with the Cojure 1.2 -> 1.3 transition there seem to be some fundamental bugs in clooj 0.2.0. So don't use it. If you have to download a new copy of clooj get 0.1.37, which is the last version before 0.2.0.

 -Lee

Cognitive Science, Hampshire College
893 West Street, Amherst, MA 01002-3359
lspector at hampshire.edu, http://hampshire.edu/lspector/