[Cs254f11] class mailing list test + Hey, there are other lists you should be on too!

Lee Spector lspector at hampshire.edu
Thu Sep 15 11:05:00 EDT 2011

Genetic programmers,

This is a test of the class email list that Josiah has helpfully set up for us.

Assuming that you got this (and if not, then you must be reading this in some sort of logically divergent parallel universe, in which case I'd like to talk about that :-), you can send mail to the class via cs254f11 at lists.hampshire.edu. Please feel free to do this regularly, to ask coding questions, to share ideas related to the class content, etc.

While we're on the subject of mailing lists, all of you should probably subscribe to this:

---
To receive information and participate in discussions about about computer science and local computing-related events, jobs, projects, etc., subscribe to the "computerscience" email list; for details see http://lists.hampshire.edu/mailman/listinfo/computerscience.
---

It's a low volume list and you'll be missing out on announcements of interesting events/opportunities/etc if you're not subscribed. And you can use that for discussion as well, presumably for things of broader interest than just our class.

Of related interest:

---
To receive information and participate in discussions about the School of Cognitive Science and related events and issues, subscribe to the "cs" email list; for details see http://lists.hampshire.edu/mailman/listinfo/cs.
---

And there's more: http://www.hampshire.edu/academics/listserves.htm

 -Lee

Cognitive Science, Hampshire College