[Clusterusers] More keg rebuilding

Wm. Josiah Erikson wjerikson at hampshire.edu
Mon Jan 13 09:05:49 EST 2014

Hi guys,
     So I'm going to try again with resizing keg's RAID array. I am
going to be a little more careful this time. The first thing I'm going
to do, today, is to remove the fourth drive from the RAID array, rebuild
its partition table with GPT, which can handle larger than 2TB
partitions, and then re-add it to the array and let it rebuild. Then I'm
going to reboot keg and make sure everything comes back up fine. I will
wait to reboot, though, until Tom's jobs are done, if that would be
helpful. It looks like they are relatively short-running jobs, Tom (I
mean, for you... heh)?
     I'll ping you again before I reboot it, which "shouldn't" hose your
jobs, but things haven't gone as planned twice recently, so I'm less
confident about that :)
     Of course, now that I'm saying that, everything will go as planned.
It's like bringing an umbrella to ensure it doesn't rain, probably :)

--
Wm. Josiah Erikson
Assistant Director of IT, Infrastructure Group