[Clusterusers] Rebooting keg

Wm. Josiah Erikson wjerikson at hampshire.edu
Fri Jan 10 14:41:37 EST 2014

Whew. We're back.
I will not forget again that MS-DOS partition tables have a maximum size
of 2TB :)
Also, dd if=<source partition table drive> of=<target partition table
drive> bs=512 count=1 is a great trick for restoring busted partition
tables from a disk with an identical, good one :)

I'll have to do it all again, but next time I'll use GPT partition
tables, once I verify that keg's BIOS can boot from one.

     -Josiah

--
Wm. Josiah Erikson
Assistant Director of IT, Infrastructure Group