[Circulation] new project for InfoBar students

Rachel Beckwith rbeckwith at hampshire.edu
Mon Feb 18 13:15:21 EST 2013

Greetings, Infobar students!

We wanted to drop you a note about a new project we'd love for you all
to contribute to. The Library has a new Wordpress blog - The Harold -
that we're very excited about, and we want some content from you! We
would like for each of you to write a post about something you found
amazing or interesting or useful in the library. In particular we have
three categories - This Book, This Film, and This Sound. We'd like you
each to write one post every other week during your shifts- but if you
want to promote and write about more, we are more than happy for you to
do so!

The format for your post will be chatty and light, around 300 words (or
enough to get the idea across and get people interested). If you want to
include an image, feel free!  (We have to be aware of copyright for
images, but we will review posts before they go "live").   We also have
stock images which we can attach if needed.  The workflow will look
something like: you write a blog post, submit it for review, and Andrew,
Rachel, or Thea will accept it and queue it for publication.

We have pasted some examples below to give you an idea of what we are
thinking.  Look out for an invite as a Contributor to the blog in the
coming week. If you haven't received an invitation by the end of the
week, send a note to Thea (taLO at hampshire.edu) and she will set you up.
If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask!

Thanks so much,
Rachel, Andrew and Thea

Example blog posts:

http://www.tumblr.com/tagged/library-pick-of-the-week