[Asianmedia] Meeting update/DEFENSIVE DRIVING

Katherine Elisabeth Roman ker10 at hampshire.edu
Mon Feb 7 15:48:06 EST 2011

FIRST: DEFENSIVE DRIVING COURSES

https://intranet.hampshire.edu/forms/viewForm.php?id=932

SIGN UP HERE. IT TAKES LIKE NO TIME
----------------

If you're coming to the meeting [WHICH YOU KIND OF NEED TO DO AND BY KIND OF I
MEAN -YOU NEED TO- unless you've contacted us]

Please bring 5 dollars [we really need to get the cost of registration down,
we're REALLY squeezing our budget] and finalize if you're going or not.
.

Why? We need to give Anime Boston a final tally of who is and is not going. If
our money doesn't match the tally, our discount is null and void. Same with
CLA.

One person, Christian M, has been dropped from the list due to not responding to
any emails, doodle, or being in contact with the signers at all.

And unfortunately, we cannot support any alumni either, it was told to me today
that the people going must be current students, and if we try and sneak, it
could kill our discount and the trip. Any money sent to us by alumni will
either be returned or the check destroyed if it was sent in that manner. If you
need a spot to crash, we might have space, but when it comes to registration, it
simply won't work.

DEFENSIVE DRIVING: we cannot pay for gas. its not in our budget.

Thus, anyone driving a personal vehicle should REALLY become a defensive driver
to be reimbursed:

the class lists are here:

https://intranet.hampshire.edu/forms/viewForm.php?id=932

TELL ME IF YOU SIGN UP FOR THE CLASS.

We have one driver, Geoff, but the other people who've volunteered themselves
and their cars should think about this.

HOTEL:

We're putting in the request for the P card for the hotel today and expect to
get 3 rooms. With a number of about 24 people attending, this means about 5
people per room, which is a really nice number for a con. We'll be discussing
rooms more on Sunday and deciding who is rooming with who.

Speaking of which, MIKE CAN TAKE 4 PEOPLE IN HIS HOUSE. One spot has been taken
by Alex Gray, but I HIGHLY URGE that someone driving their car stay at Mike's
house, which means they DON'T have to pay for parking [something ficom doesn't
cover] We'll get more details on this this weekend. But tell me if you're
willing to stay at Mike's house and are driving your own car.