[Asianmedia] Are you ready for despair...and wolf goddesses?

Juliet Sofia Kahn jsk08 at hampshire.edu
Wed Feb 17 01:02:54 EST 2010

ASIAN MEDIA!

Yo. It is I, Juliet, your humble signer, writing to tell you that our weekly
screening will, in fact, be taking place as it usually does--at 8, in the East
Lecture Hall! And you should definitely attend, because oh man, we are bringing
in the good stuff. Also food.

We will be watching Spice and Wolf, which as you might remember concerns the
travelings of a merchant named Laurence and his companion Horo, a wolf goddess
who has been forgotten by the people of her village. It has economics, apples,
and the best opening theme I've heard in a long time.

And due to the response I got from last week's email, we will be screening the
first two episodes of-f-f-f-f-f...

SAYONARA ZETSUBOU SENSEI!

Before you do anything else, before you even Wiki it, watch this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jg7rSt9fijA. And now this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MOmK70fsPB4.

Yes. That is the anime we will be watching.

More broadly, SZS is a very highly acclaimed series about a suicidal school
teacher and his....unique students. It has a seriously awesome art style,
hilarious censorship, more references than you could possibly count and
RIDICULOUSLY cool opening themes. Seriously, go look them up. Don't deprive
yourself.

SO. Show up. It's going to kick ass. And don't say you have work to do,
tomorrow's an advising day--get it done before 8!

Yours in ZETSUBOUSHITAAAAAAAAA (it'll make sense once we watch SZS),

Juliet

p.s. I'm watching K-ON! right now. It sucks.