[Asianmedia] Fun Events on 9-21-06!

Tristan Athearn-Hess tba04 at stout.hampshire.edu
Tue Sep 19 21:12:12 EDT 2006

THE REDCOATS ARE COMING! THE REDCOATS ARE COMING!
What? No, we aren't being invaded by BBC And High Tea, but this week
we bring you a selection of crimson-coated characters confidently
crusading in competition to corruption and completely confederated...

shit.

Well, that's as far as I can go right now. Anyhoo, verbosity aside,
this Thursday is brought to you by yours truly!

Hellsing Ultimate I: The first episode of the new OVA adaptation of
Kohta Hirano's wonderfully dark and bloody manga series. As opposed
to the original Hellsing anime (fun fact!: The original Hellsing
anime's full title was Hellsing: Psalm of the Darkness), Hellsing
Ultimate more closely follows the manga and Kohta's art style. For
those of you new to Hellsing, let me sum up: The Hellsing
Organization is a secret order founded by Abraham Van Helsing (see
"Dracula" by Bram Stoker) set up to protect England from the undead
using the greatest weapon they have: an undead of their own...

Trigun: Trigun follows the adventures of everyone's favorite peace-
loving gunman: Vash the Stampede! Why does this lovable, donut eating
rogue have a bounty of $$60,000,000,000 on his head? What terrible
secret does he hide? Can he pull through the terrible disasters that
seem to follow in his footsteps seeing as how he is armed only with a
gun, a steady hand and the ability to dodge, like, a gazillion bullets?

Probably.

Unfortunately we won't have time to go through the entire series, so
we'll be showing two of the most bad ass episodes: Episode 5 - "Hard
Puncher" which is where the manga begins and Episode 12 - "Diablo"
for sheer badassery. badasserie. whatever.

Then we continue with our running series Full Metal Alchemist! Last
week, Ed passed his State Alchemist exam, but now that he's a dog of
the military, what will his first assignment be? What is Shou
Tucker's terrible secret? Will Al ever be able to go for a swim
without sinking? And can Ed pull through the terrible disasters that
seem to follow in his footsteps seeing as how he is armed only with a
gun, a steady hand and the ability to dodge, like, a gazillion bullets?

Wait.... thats not right...

We also have a selection of AMVs picked for their sheer awesomeness
and we'll even be having a raffle! We received a generous donation of
anime figurines and we'll be auctioning them off to you, the
Asianmedia folks! Well, this email is getting a little too long and
there are ninjas running through my hall asking me to join them so
I'm afraid this is where I have to say

good night to you all!

and now some pointless empty lines!

Tristan!