[Asianmedia] Screening for 10-12-06

Tristan Athearn-Hess tba04 at stout.hampshire.edu
Tue Oct 10 23:16:31 EDT 2006

Sorry about the lateness of this, but I've been a little distracted.
I was also quite lost as to what I was going to show.

Let me tell you all about bars. In this case, setting them. WHAT THE
HELL WAS I THINKING? The Red Coats Are Coming was awesome! How in the
slimy depths of Satan's bowels was I possibly going to be able to top
that? Eventually it came down to the fact that I only had a few days
in which to make my decision and so, without further ado:

F L C L! (aka Fooly Cooly)
Gainax's six part coming of age story is back again this year! In a
town constantly surrounded by fog, its easy for Middle schooler Naota
to forget that there's an entire world out there, at least until a
wacky, vespa-riding, guitar-wielding "quote-unquote" alien named
Haruko shows up. Once the giant robots start sprouting from Naota's
head accompanied by the awesome music of The Pillows, you'll realize
that this is a non-conventional anime in the truest meaning of the
phrase. For those of you who are wondering "What does FLCL mean,
anyways?" Well, honestly, not even the main character knows what it
means. If you want to at least have an inkling, than drop on by!

and then we continue along in Full Metal Alchemist! Last week, our
intrepid brothers bit off a little more than they could chew, and
wound up with a heaping mouthful of whoopass instead. With Ed down an
arm and Al only half the man he used to be, a little rest and
recuperation is in order and they decide to return to their roots,
accompanied by Major Armstrong. But what of Dr. Marcoh and his
research? Come and find out as we air the next three episodes of Full
Metal Alchemist!

Tristan