[Asianmedia] Screening for 1/12/06 and about the eva marathon

Tristan Athearn-Hess tba04 at hampshire.edu
Sat Jan 7 10:32:39 EST 2006

On thursday, NO ONE showed up for the start of the eva marathon. I am very
disappointed. At this point, trying to keep the eva marathon going would be
difficult, to say the least, as we would have to fit the first six episodes
into another showing. I think its best if we just drop the eva marathon. So for
the next showing I'll be putting on all of Bokusatsu Tenshi Dokuro-Chan (or, in
english, Club-to-Death Angel Dokuro-chan). Its only 8 episodes long and two
episodes take about half-an-hour to watch, so we should get through the whole
thing in about 2 hours.

Bokusatsu Tenshi Dokuro-chan: (description from AnimeNfo.com)
Dokuro-chan is an angel who came from the future, She began to live in Sakura's
house. She looks quite young and is innocent and cute. However she tends to
beat Sakura to death with her big club. This is how, a bloody heart-warming
story of Dokuro-chan and Sakura-kun starts.

(description from me) ok, that description sucks. Dokuro-chan IS an angel from
the future who has disobeyed her orders and has gone back in time to try and
change the future while protecting Sakura (a guy, btw) from the other angels
who have gone back in order to kill him. Dokuro-chan of course has better luck
killing him than they do, but she always ends up putting him back together
afterwards.

Well, hopefully we'll get more people here this time than before. Remember to
talk to your friends about showing up as well! the more people the better, and
if we continue to get showings without any attendence things will definitely
NOT get any better. Also, if you have a series or a movie or anything you want
to watch, tell any of us signers about it! We welcome your suggestions! You can
email either myself (at tba04 at hampshire.edu) or Sam Ross (at
sar04 at hampshire.edu) or speak to any of us in person.

See you there! (I hope...)