[Asianmedia] Screening for 4-13-06

Sam Ross sar04 at hampshire.edu
Tue Apr 11 12:53:37 EDT 2006

Hey Asian Media,
Man, that was a kickass marathon last week. This week, we're going to start
cooling things off and going back to basics. For instance, this week we're
screening:

8:00 - Kino's Journey - The tales of a young traveler who explores her strange
and beautiful world with the assistance of her motorcycle "Hermes". On their
travels, they deal with different people and cultures, spending only 3 days in
every location.

9:30 - Haibane Renmei - 2 weeks ago, we were introduced to Rakka, as she entered
into a world without a memory of who she was, except that now she was of a race
known as the "haibane"; people with halos and wings. In the episodes this week,
Rakka looks for a job in the town, and the Haibane face something which will
take them all off-guard.

Don't miss it folks, we're starting to get into some interesting stuff. ALSO,
this week is the week to suggest events for next semester. I'd like to do more
than movie marathons, but I don't know what people want so show up on Thursday
and give me a clue!

As always, Asian Media is in the East Lecture Hall of FPH every Thursday,
starting at 8PM.

See you space cowboys,
Sam

--