[Yurt] Do you want to be a Yurt Signer?

Maxime Simonet maximesimonet at gmail.com
Mon Dec 13 11:55:39 EST 2010

Max and Andy are graduating in the spring, which means the Yurt is now
searching for 2 new signers who can sign on and help run this crazy thing in
Fall 2010. (Ezra's graduating in Falll 2011, so we'll also be looking for
one more to take over in spring 2012.) Being a signer is not only a great
way to fulfill your Div II community service requirement, it's also really
freaking fun. But what does a Yurt signer actually do?

Signers have the following privileges / responsibilities:

- Hosting Hampfest in the Fall of each year.
- Recruiting and training new DJ's.
- Designing and updating the Yurt website, radio.hampshire.edu
- Managing, maintaining, and acquiring new equipment for the Yurt.
- Writing lots and lots of e-mails.
- Recording promotions and ads.
- Whatever the hell else you want to do.

Being a signer is actually pretty easy and fun (at least we think so) but it
does require a reasonable time commitment. We will provide training and a
manual, but there's also a lot of flexibility for you to take the Yurt and
make it your own thing.

IF YOU ARE INTERESTED: Just e-mail us back saying "I'm interested in being a
signer," or something and then we'll let you know what the next step is.
We're trying to make this process as quick and easy as possible, so don't
worry if you're a busy beaver. (After all, Andy's been signing for two
years, and he works off-campus 30 hours a week, and have an unreasonably
full course load. And Max is the secret President of the Secret United
States of Secret South America.)

THANK YOU VERY MUCH. Keep up the good work, and good luck with finals.

Love,

Andy, Max, and Ezra, Your Friendly Neighborhood Yurt Signers