[YellowBike] Earth Day bike parade

Samantha Lyon slyon at smith.edu
Mon Apr 17 19:12:51 EDT 2006

Hi Yellowbikers at Hampshire!
This is Sammy from the Bike Kitchen over at Smith. I liked the
community-loving email recently; we're totally into meeting up for rides and
hanging out together. in fact, here's an opportunity this weekend!

This Saturday is Earth Day (April 22). Our Environmental Coalition (of which
the bike kitchen is part of) is putting on earth day festivities from 11am
to 3pm on Chapin Lawn (the lawn in front of our not-to-be-missed campus
center). And at NOON, there's going to be a BIKE PARADE!!

We've drawn out a little route so it will be easy for all ages, and we
encourage anyone to dress up and have a rockin good time. we will gather the
masses who can't help but follow us back to Chapin Lawn for the rest of the
festivities, after which we should take a ride, or have a party, or go out
to the railroad bridge, or whatever we'd like. So keep this Saturday in your
brains for bike parades and bike networking ;)

Also, talking to ben otis, we noticed that over here we're getting
organized, renting bikes out, and ready for action, but still have lots of
messed up bikes that need FIXIN! And you guys want to fix bikes, I hear. So
remember, we're over in the Paradise Pond boathouse every Friday from 3-5pm,
and all we do is hang out and fix bikes together! We'll even invite you to
dinner at the Kosher Kitchen after if you come help us out. :)

That's all, folks. Hope you're doing well!
~Sammy~
310 795 5912