[YellowBike] no fork mods, says mass bike law

Aaron Wieler afw01 at hampshire.edu
Sun Feb 20 08:07:33 EST 2005

Massbike compiles current cycling-related law. so at least one guy read the
law and put it on the website.

I don't know if law enforcement knows much about biking law. they certainly
don't listen to current legal rulings in NYC, where a federal judge ruled
that critical mass was legal. the next ride, cops ran into cyclists with
their motorcycles and arrested them. so reports people on new york
indymedia.

I was looking for laws relaveant to bike trailers. a bike trailer carrying a
person is supposed to have a permanent seat. or a regular seat.

here's the law:

Operators of bicycles shall be subject to the following regulations:

The operator shall ride single file on any way except when passing.

(i) The operator shall ride only upon or astride a permanent and regular
seat attached to the bicycle; a passenger shall ride only upon or astride a
permanent and regular seat attached to the bicycle or to a trailer towed by
the bicycle.

how about this regular seat: recliner. I think I could fit one on one of my
bike trailers.