[Student_server_room] Updates

Kwaku Yeboah Antwi ky10 at hampshire.edu
Thu May 20 17:49:40 EDT 2010

Hello everyone,

As you might recall, I sent an email to this list a few weeks ago about
starting a recognized student group that would be the student body part
of the student server room(and its governance committee,etc). Well, I do
have some bad news. I had a meeting with Pam Tinto and the CLA staff on
Tuesday and I was informed that, that student group would not be
officially recognized. Pam was of the opinion that a student server room
group was unnecessary. I however disagree with her and have tried to
convince her otherwise. I'm still waiting to hear back from her. I will
be keeping this mailing list updated of any further developments on that.

On the topic of the server room itself, the good news is that, from what
I've heard from Josiah, its going to be built over the summer. I however
still do not know where its going to be situated. There were talks of it
being situated in Delroy's old office in the library building but I have
no clue whether that's the current location Bob Crowley wants it to be
situated at or not. Josiah has kindly promised to keep us updated when
he discovers more details.

I will also keep this list updated on any more details as soon as I get
them.

I hope everyone has a great summer. See you all next fall.

Sincerely,
Kwaku