[Quaker] Fwd: [ClimateJustice] ART BUILD FOR 12/12 BOSTON RALLY - Hampshire College - this Saturday!

Alice (Sara) Grendon sfg14 at hampshire.edu
Wed Nov 18 11:54:00 EST 2015

ART BUILD FOR 12/12 BOSTON RALLY - Hampshire College - this Saturday!

December 12th will be an international day of action, concluding the
Paris Climate Talks: a two-week negotiation where world leaders will
attempt to form a new global climate treaty. Although these talks will
be their 21st attempt to grab a hold of our global issue, evidence shows
that the results won't be nearly as drastic as we need them to be. In
lieu of this, communities across the globe are rising up and taking
action to end the injustices jeopardizing our future here on planet
Earth. On the 12th, Five-College students and we New Englanders will
have the chance to rise up in Boston to demand bold changes for our
climate, jobs, and community.

RSVP TO ART BUILD FOR 12/12 - FACEBOOK EVENT HERE:
HTTPS://WWW.FACEBOOK.COM/EVENTS/1517912791862565/

A major part of this rally will be represented through visual art. Art
is a direct representation of the issues we are facing and the solutions
we demand to fix them. Art tells stories, communicates priorities, and
builds momentum and lasting community power. Through art, we can make
our demands VISIBLE.

Art also fosters engagement, and we want to engage you…so HELP US CREATE
ART FOR 12/12! This Saturday, November 21 will be a day dedicated to
creating and building art together for the Boston rally on December
12th. Please join us to make signs, banners, posters, puppets, and other
forms of art to be used in the December 12th Boston rally. Come to the
Dakin/Merrill quad from 11-2 this Saturday and contribute to the
movement. We need you! The world needs you!

Coming from outside Hampshire College? Find Hampshire College at 893
West St. Amherst, MA. Then find the Dakin parking lot and the Art Build
will be on your way to Franklin Patterson Hall (the building where
public events are often held). Or call 607-592-1204 (Gabriel) when you
get to Hampshire campus.

Got art supplies to donate? Got skills in silk screening, puppet making,
or other forms of movement art building? Bring these things!

Let's rise up and fight for our future together!

RSVP TO ART BUILD FOR 12/12 - FACEBOOK EVENT HERE:
HTTPS://WWW.FACEBOOK.COM/EVENTS/1517912791862565/

RSVP FOR 12/12 BOSTON HERE:
HTTPS://WWW.FACEBOOK.COM/EVENTS/1702720679961035/

Links:
------