[Push] Reserved names and active features

Lee Spector lspector at hampshire.edu
Sun Jun 27 17:39:02 EDT 2010

In the Common Lisp implementation of Push3 the concept of "active instruction" is basically what you say here: symbols that name implemented instructions are recognized as instructions and executed whether or not they are "active," and the active status only affects random code generation and the behavior of the code.instructions instruction. I'm not sure this is the best way to do things. In schush and clojush I haven't implemented names so the issue doesn't arise -- all symbols are assumed to name instructions and if you try to execute one that doesn't then something breaks.

 -Lee