[Push] Push Documentation Wiki

PerPlex Ed edperplex at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 24 04:35:50 EDT 2010

Sorry I have no experience. I saw there are web pages that help you to choose a wiki hosting service:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_open_source_software_hosting_facilities
http://www.wikimatrix.org/

I think people can live with some ads if the information they contribute can be easily extracted and uploaded later in some other wiki without doing all the work manually.

Do you work in some educational institution? Can't they host a wiki for you? I guess wiki are not rocket science today. If they have someone managing web and mailing lists, maybe they can ask the same people to host a wiki.

Otherwise can't you just share the documentation in Open Office format and possibly publish it in the format you like periodically?
Wikis are useful but if you want to define a specification of a language a central well-defined document is a good choice. People can always use plain old footnotes, boxes, paragraphs, appendices and so on.

PerPlexEd