[Push] pushtalk

Maarten mkeijzer at xs4all.nl
Mon Jul 26 14:21:55 EDT 2004

On Monday 26 July 2004 18:17, Lee Spector wrote:
> Is it important that the name be short? If we're adding something
> beyond "push" and "language" I'd prefer it to be "evolutionary
> computation" or even "genetic and evolutionary computation"... or
> if it should be short maybe "ec" or "gec", but those will be
> meaningless to outsiders... "push-lang-evocomp"? I don't know...

The only constraints as far as I know are:

a) It should be longer than 2 characters
b) it needs to be a valid Unix/HTML name

maybe push-evolve?

I went through this with the evolutionary objects project where we
preferred to use 'eo'. This was not allowed, now we live under the
name 'eodev'

-Maarten-