[Push] Push3 in C++

Maarten mkeijzer at xs4all.nl
Fri Aug 13 18:25:23 EDT 2004

Hi John,

first off, I think bugs to the C++ version could best be posted to
the sourceforge site. It's got a bug list. As for the issues with
autom4te.cache and FloatInstructions.cpp, these are resolved in the
cvs now, I think. If stuff still barfs, try regenerating everything
using:

aclocal
automake
autoconf

in sequence.

As for the pushgp_int problems. Hmm. I shouldn't have added highly
experimental code there I guess. What goes wrong is that I try to
dynamically get a grip on the computational effort for the problem,
which is flaky at the moment. At best. Maybe change the code a bit
(I'll update that to cvs as well when I get around to it). In
evaluate in pushgp_int.cpp, search for 'env.go'. Instead of the
max_effort I have put there, put env.parameters.pusheval_limit in
its place (it's behind it but commented out). Right after that,
there's another check if the piece of code exceeded this max_effort
limit. You can put the same env.parameters.pusheval_limit there.
That should take care of it. The limit can be set in the
configuration file. I'm currently toying around with this, so I
can't really change it as we speak. (will do shortly though).

I'm still looking for ways to create a true 'pushgp' where the
fitness cases are entered through a push progra, but that has to
wait as well, together with a scheduler for doing time-sliced
execution.

Hope this helps,

-Maarten-