[Push] Push complexity

Maarten mkeijzer at xs4all.nl
Mon Nov 10 13:24:54 EST 2003

Hi all,

I was a bit toying with the concepts behind the push language today (this
instead of finishing that paper for euroGP), and it occured to me that I
haven't seen a formal proof or indication to what complexity class a push
program belongs. Does it support arbitrary recursion (with infinite stacks)
and is thus Turing complete, or does it more properly belong to the class of
push-down automata? I tried to look into it, but failed to convince myself of
the Turing completeness of the system. Am I a bit dense, am I missing
something, maybe the paper that proves this?

On another note, Lee, where can I get a sneak preview at the Push2 specs. I
might want to try to implement it in python if I find a lost moment
somewhere.

Just curious,

-Maarten-