[_] Re: [Push] runpush operation

Lee Spector lspector at hampshire.edu
Mon Nov 3 09:15:59 EST 2003

Rud,

I've just uploaded a file with output from push2-examples.lisp, at:
http://hampshire.edu/lspector/temp/push2/push2-examples-output.

In addition, at http://hampshire.edu/lspector/temp/push2 there are three
test directories: test0, test1, and test2. These are batch tests, each
consisting of a program file (push.program), data inputs (push.input), a
configuration file (push.pst), and an output file. Each output file
contains a list of values which, if evaluated by the interpreter, would
re-create the stack contents as they were at the end of the test. The
values are listed by type, with the order of the types determined from the
order in which they're declared in the .pst file. The test0 test is just a
tiny arithmetic test, test1 is a big suite of stuff, and test2 is a
factorial test. This batch test mechanism is good for testing the overall
compliance of two implementations (that's what we developed it for), but
the separate examples in push2-examples may be more helpful for
understanding what individual instructions do.

 -Lee

--
Lee Spector
Dean, School of Cognitive Science
Associate Professor of Computer Science    lspector at hampshire.edu
Cognitive Science, Hampshire College       http://hampshire.edu/lspector/
Amherst, MA 01002                          413-559-5352, Fax: 413-559-5438