[Push] Re: availability of Pushpop?

Lee Spector lspector at hampshire.edu
Fri Jun 6 15:54:55 EDT 2003

Slavcho,

The Push interpreter and the PushGP genetic programming system are
available at http://hampshire.edu/lspector/push.html. These are Lisp source
files... Russ Abbott has developed his own version in Java, which can be
obtained from http://abbott.calstatela.edu/GeneticProgramming/. Some
colleagues and I are developing a C version, but it is not yet publicly
available.

You asked specifically about Pushpop, however, which is the
autoconstructive evolution system (not the more traditional genetic
programming system) built on top of Push. I have never made the code for
Pushpop publicly available because it contains lots of experimental code
that I've never fully cleaned up or documented. If you're interested and
promise not to distribute it further, however, I'll send it to you either
in its current state or, if I get the chance, in a slightly cleaned up form.

I'm cc-ing this to the Push mailing list, to which you might want to
subscribe if you have continuing interest in Push -- it's very low volume
but will carry announcements of new versions, etc. See
http://lists.hampshire.edu/mailman/listinfo/push.

 -Lee

----
Dear Mr. Spector,

I've read with great interest some of your research on autoconstructive

evolutionary programming, and especially the paper that outlines Pushpop.

On your web site you state that source code is available for non-commercial

and educational research purposes but I could not find it there.

My question is whether you can make the interpreter available to me for

personal, non-commercial research which is unrelated to my work at Okena/Cisco.

Sincerely.

S.N.

--
Lee Spector
Dean, School of Cognitive Science
Associate Professor of Computer Science    lspector at hampshire.edu
Cognitive Science, Hampshire College       http://hampshire.edu/lspector/
Amherst, MA 01002                          413-559-5352, Fax: 413-559-5438