[DEATH TO THE CLIMAX] Omen 20th!

Fiona Stewart-Taylor f.stewarttaylor at gmail.com
Sat Jan 5 17:13:46 EST 2013

Hey Omenati-

The Omen is 20!  This is exciting, because it means the Omen has another
five years of immaculately constructed issues, thrilling layouts, and
occasional controversy under its belt, and because we've outlasted more
student groups!  Take that, other, lesser, student organizations!

It also means we get to have the 20th anniversary celebration!  We're going
to have the traditional roasted pig, and probably something for the
vegetarians/jews/etc to eat, too. Saturday, March 30th, 2013, gather at
Hampshire for a full day of eating, reminiscing, possibly croquet, and
shouting at youngsters to get off our lawn.  We'll have a lot of old Omen
issues on hand, and if it rains, we will cram all of you into the Omen
office in Merrill, with the pig, with no regard for personal space or
comfort.  It'll be great!

If you know anyone from years gone by who was involved with The Omen,
please forward this email to them, or otherwise put them in touch with the
current signers at
Omen at hampshire.edu<https://webmail.hampshire.edu/imp/message.php?mailbox=U2VudA&uid=207#>!
If you're coming from out of town (or out of state!) we can see about
finding you accommodations, most likely in the form of couches to crash on,
because we are but poor college students.   If you feel so inspired,
consider emailing
Omen at hampshire.edu<https://webmail.hampshire.edu/imp/message.php?mailbox=U2VudA&uid=207#>
say you're coming, so we can ratchet up our ficom numbers and get more
money to feed you with.

Incidentally, this is the first anniversary where the Omen is the same age
as most of the people working on it.  If that reminder of the slow but
inevitable approach of death didn't scare you away, we look forward to
seeing you at the 20th!

Love,
F. Stewart-Taylor