[Omen] columnist/contributor

Aaron F. Buchsbaum afb01 at stout.hampshire.edu
Tue Feb 18 22:23:42 EST 2003

Hey all- two things about the foregoing of columnist/contributor status.
1.) This will require a change in the policy box.  Thus we can indeed use
the 'new and improved' or 'barbeque flavor' twist to account for the
policy box cover.
2.) Justin, you might want to say a few words about why this decision has
been made in your editorial.  Judging particularly from Portia's (the
random OMEN patriot who stopped by) comments, people like to see that the
OMEN is a dynamic publication process.  To quote Eminem, and to insert
'the OMEN' as the subjective reference, "I am whatever you say I am.  If I
wasn't, then why would I say I am"  Whatever's in the OMEN, is the OMEN.
Another example I thought of to further illustrate the point is thus:
 We, the 'dedicated' (or whatever) associates of the OMEN, are its
Platonic form. We comprise an ambiguous vessel/process whereby the OMEN is
put into physical production.  Any submissions to the OMEN are thus the
Platonic matter- what is inserted into and made real by, the form.

Mmk, that's enough philosophizinginging.
Latre
 Aaron