[Omen] Campaign to Endow the Omen

J Wilder Konschak jkonschak at hampshire.edu
Wed Apr 30 14:41:53 EDT 2003

Let me be remembered as the first to offer my pledge to Save the Omen.

I hereby grant $10.00 an issue, not to exceed $30.00 a month, to the
Save the Omen Fund, so that, in the event that it is required to
sacrifice its raison d'etre in order to receive funding from Community
Council, it may continue in its grand tradition, unhindered and
independent.

I also offer a one-time donation of a crappy IBM computer, complete with
Adobe Page Maker, Microsoft Publisher, and Adobe Photoshop, and a clunky
laser printer, should pub-lab be made unfairly off-limits to an unfunded
student group like the Omen. That's a $40.00 value!

Yes, for just pennies a day, you too can give dignity to a small, hungry
publication.

It takes viewers like you to guarantee that the Omen will continue to
offend, inform, bore, and amuse. Even the smallest one-time donation can
make a world of difference.

I'm serious folks. It may reduce our volume. It may reduce our
frequency. But it will not reduce ... Our freedom. Hell, me may have to
resort to using the internet to supplement our distribution.

Let's start making up the mailings. I suggest we get those little return
address stickers with the sheep on them to give away free with every
donations. Oh! And membership cards! No non=profit public-broadcast
company can exist without membership cards! And an online list of
members!

Love always,

J Wilder Konschak
Former Policy Director