New Leaf POINTS OF INTERVENTION TOUR

Sara Brown sgb13 at hampshire.edu
Mon Feb 26 15:49:51 EST 2018

Hello folks interested in sustainability, environmental justice and zero
waste,

The Post-Landfill Action Network (PLAN) <http://www.postlandfill.org/> is
going on a national tour where we are showcasing individuals and
organizations who are challenging the linear consumption model from the
point of extraction all the way to the site of disposal. Through
highlighting the resistance efforts of frontline communities, companies who
are taking holistic approaches to manufacturing, water protectors and land
defenders who stand for indigenous sovereignty, and lots of other work, we
strive to show the many of ways we can intervene in this broken system.
Most of all, we want to show that while no one can do everything, everyone
can do something. In recognizing people who resist, redesign, repair,
reuse, rediscover, and reclaim, we hope you walk away from this event
inspired, activated and motivated.
-----------------------------------
* Find YOUR Point of Intervention*

PLAN is collaborating with Hampshire College, Mount Holyoke, and the
University of Massachusetts Amherst to hold a repair and reuse fair,
speaker series featuring national organizers, and two workshops for
the Challenging
the Consumption Economy: Points of Intervention Tour.
<http://www.postlandfill.org/poi-tour/>

* Wednesday, February 28th*
Student Leadership Workshop 6:00PM-8:00PM
Integrated Learning Center Room S311
UMass Amherst
Sign up to register for the workshop here: https://goo.gl/forms/
ZgerDR0QsHQs8wyP2
<https://l.facebook.com/l.php?u=https%3A%2F%2Fgoo.gl%2Fforms%2FZgerDR0QsHQs8wyP2&h=ATOAluBRe7WEXLvdZo1PsdxZUHMN0f9Aid_b04VgG4-fde4RJvaPwLkDJD-nnkudPZ_bR-Xwl_ZTvPhkvfLi5zEBTcY_HyAAjyxxzLfbwDRdpvaa8JKrlsHM>

* Thursday, March 1st*
Repair and Reuse Fair 10:00AM-3:00PM
Robert Crown Center (RCC)
Hampshire College

* ...and later that evening... *
Speaker Series 7:00PM-9:00PM
Gamble Auditorium
Mount Holyoke College
Rideshare signup
<https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1rmFqYPq_qhqDLthzA7U8dkF9hdUk3n9YfRaJYwBiWWU/edit#gid=0>
for anyone traveling from other universities to Mount Holyoke for the
Speaker Series.

* Friday, March 2nd*
Zero Waste Lunchtime Workshop 12:00-1:00PM
Cole Science Center Room 333
Hampshire College

**Please RSVP to the Facebook events for the Fair
<https://www.facebook.com/events/321203455052666/>and Speaker Panel
<https://www.facebook.com/events/179292892684138/>!!!**

*We look forward to seeing you at the workshops, fair and/or speaking
engagement!*