GOOD NEWS!

Sara Brown sgb13 at hampshire.edu
Wed Mar 22 16:14:52 EDT 2017

Hiya New Leaf,

There's a Hampshire College bus going to the People's Climate March in D.C.
on April 29th!!! Want to get a free round trip bus ticket to go to the
March? Email me at sgb13 at hampshire.edu for your name to be added to the
list. We are applying for student group funding to cover the cost of the
$67 round trip ticket on this bus chartered by the Sierra Club
Massachusetts Chapter. If you've already been in contact with Soe or
attended a PCM Interest meeting we should have your name on the list
already. Expect to be emailed more information on this soon regarding
filling out waivers and what not.

A little more information on the bus: We will be leaving Friday night to
arrive Saturday morning in D.C. for the March, then leaving Saturday night
and returning Sunday morning. Therefore we will be sleeping on the bus
Friday and Saturday night and not providing lodging. You will also need to
cover your own meals and snacks. Here's the bus link-
http://sierraclub.org/massachusetts/chapter-store (no need to buy a ticket
because we are getting student group funding to buy tickets as a group) &
People's Climate March link: http://peoplesclimate.org/
SPREAD THE WORD! :)

**Hope to see you at the new leaf meeting tonight 6:30-7:30 Kern Room 108**
We will be doing some final planning for the DIY home and body care
*"sustainable
self care" workshop this Saturday, 12pm, Kern 106/atrium* (with giveaways
and food). Plus possibly planning a future event for people to bring broken
objects in need of repair to "fix-it experts" (fixperts) collab with Design
Conspiracy.

Peace,
Sara Brown

PS. Don't you feel good about yourself when you bring your own bag for
grocery shopping? Don't feel too good about it...
http://www.economist.com/news/finance-and-economics/21645239-when-people-feel-good-about-themselves-they-do-bad-things-eco-waverers

PPS. if you've been hearing about Sugar Shack Alliance and are looking to
get trained in Non-Violent Direct Action -NVDA- there is a training
happening April 1st at the Mt Toby Friends Meeting House in Leverett, MA.
This is a necessary prereq to participate in direct actions and getting
involved in the Five College Sugar Shack Alliance Affinity group.
Definitely recommend going and reach out if you need carpooling buddies.
RSVP:
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScuv2lkjXGqkYnULiKh9-V9RP3P4BoQkXZEPV7agd2UDUWqWQ/viewform?c=0&w=1