Special Dinner invite with Erica Violet Lee on Wednesday

Jess Wissemann jmFC at hampshire.edu
Mon Apr 11 14:28:51 EDT 2016

The Ethics and the Common Good Program is hosting Erica Violet Lee on
campus this Wednesday for a lecture at 5pm in FPH West:

What We Mean When We Talk About Land: Climate Change, Colonialism and
Indigenous Resistance with Erica Violet Lee
<https://www.facebook.com/events/515364511998996/?ref=1&action_history=%5B%7B%22surface%22%3A%22permalink%22%2C%22mechanism%22%3A%22surface%22%2C%22extra_data%22%3A%5B%5D%7D%5D>

/In the face of a colonial climate catastrophe, Indigenous women are at
the forefront of impact and resistance. As we articulate connections
between the land and our bodies, our struggle for liberation from
extractive industry becomes deeply personal. Indigenous philosophies
provide a framework for the rights of nature, and remind us of our
responsibility to fight for climate justice that necessarily starts with
decolonization./
///
Erica Violet Lee is an organizer with Idle No More, the
#ReadTheTRCReport <https://www.facebook.com/hashtag/readthetrcreport>
project, and was part of the Canadian Youth Delegation to the COP 21
climate conference in Paris. She is a YWCA Woman of Distinction and an
Iris Marion Young Diversity Scholar, and writes about her experiences as
a young Indigenous feminist navigating the worlds of academia on her
blog, Moontime Warrior. She studies philosophy at the University of
Saskatchewan./
///
This event is organized by the Ethics & the Common Good Project and is
co-sponsored by Climate Action Now!/

Check *Facebook Event **here
<https://www.facebook.com/events/515364511998996/>***and help us spread
the word!

The Ethics and the Common Good program is also hosting a special
*dinner* for her on *Wednesday 4/13 at 6:30pm in the FPH Faculty Lounge*
following the lecture. *Please**email Teal Van Dyck
(tvandyck at hampshire.edu) to RSVP for the dinner by Tuesday 4/12 at noon. *