[Climate Justice] The Story Behind the Food - Monday, October 7th at 7PM

Pam Tinto ptinto at hampshire.edu
Tue Oct 1 19:45:05 EDT 2013

Hello...I am passing this invite along to selected student group signers so you can send it out to your other members and beyond. I hope to see you at the event.
Pam

Dear student group signers,

My name is Nicole Tocco, and I'm a fellow for the Bon Appétit Management Company Foundation. As a fellow, I travel to the campuses where Bon Appétit manages the food on the east coast: raising awareness, answering questions and learning alongside students and chefs about the most pressing food and sustainability issues.  Those issues range from farmworker rights and climate change, to humane treatment of animals, local food, and sustainable fishing practices.  You can find my bio here<http://www.bamco.com/blog/about-this-blog/contributors>.

I'm very excited to be visiting Hampshire College and hosting an event called the Story Behind the Food - where I'll walk students through some major social and environmental issues associated with food and agriculture, and how Bon Appetit addresses them through our purchasing policies and initiatives.   I hope that you can help me get the word out to Hampshire students and student groups! Information about the event is below, and also attached.

The Story Behind the Food
Please join Nicole Tocco, Senior Fellow for the Bon Appetit Management Company Foundation, for a discussion about food and sustainability at Hampshire College.  Local apple and pear themed desserts and beverages provided.

Monday, October 7th  @ 7:00pm
East Lecture Hall, Franklin Patterson Hall
Hampshire College
893 West Street, Amherst, MA

My goals while on campus are to connect what students are learning to various food issues, to share the innovative ways that Bon Appétit is addressing some of those issues, and to harness the intelligence and creativity of those students to help push us forward.

Looking forward to it!
Nicole

--
nicole tocco | senior fellow | bon appétit management company foundation
(650) 906-4304 |www.cafebonappetit.com<http://www.cafebonappetit.com/>  |www.bamco.com<http://www.bamco.com/>