[Climate Justice] Progressive fiction

herb wright thecravingandthecross at hotmail.com
Sun Nov 10 13:15:27 EST 2013

Hello,

My name is Herb Wright and I am an author. I have written two books. The most recent is titled, The Craving and The Cross. My debut novel's title is  Do Clones Have Souls. Both are books that are sexy, serious and exotic. I create plots at the edge of imagination to offer insights into reality.

The Craving and The Cross is a book about the seduction of power and the people's passion for justice. It has been described as" It’s a Wonderful Life," on steroids. It is about a very rich character who has everything but wants eternal life. His nemesis is a Homeless man who has all the right values but may be a little nuts.  After saving hostages and an incident where a gun is pointed right at him but doesn't fire, the Homeless man becomes a media sensation. People are attracted to his authentic message and uninhibited virtue. The people who are attracted to him have their own stories, some tragic, some humorous. They protect him from the rich man who has found that Joe, the Homeless man, is integral to the rich man's quest for immortality. This book has quirky characters and inspiring messages.  I think you will find it completely satisfying.

Do Clones Have Souls is a cautionary tale. It takes place about thirty years from now and Human Cloning is legal. The corporation that produces Clones sells them for body parts, for use as domestics and as soldiers. Their entry into society causes religious, political and comical responses. When a small number of them try to stand up for themselves they are branded Terrorists and forced to hide.

Clint, the main character, is a Clone that was bred as an Assassin. He has kills all over the world and no remorse, that is, until he meets Sarah. Her love and guidance and a set of unique and powerful experiences cause him to ponder questions he has never asked himself before. He begins to think about the meaning of love, existence and the afterlife.

The powerful men who created him for killing are not willing to let him go. They pursue Clint and Sarah relentlessly. Their escape is filled with suspense and  adventure; their inward journey  burst  with insight. Eventually, their phenomenal escapades place them in the path of the Clone Terrorists. What happens after this may change the life or our heroes and the destiny of our nation.

I am a local author and I appreciate your time. My books are great stories but probably not as polished as some of the best sellers you usually read. I think, however, that much like an Off-Broadway show, here is an opportunity to see something less traditional but memorable. It is also an opportunity to tell your friends that you had the foresight to see a diamond in the rough before it became a hit.

Excerpts are available on Facebook at "The Craving and The Cross Novel." See Chapter Ten, the Villain. Excerpts are also available at herbwrightbooks.com  and on Amazon. The book is available as an E-Book and at any online bookseller.   Thanks again.

Peace, Herb.